Take steps right away if you’ve been sexually assaulted.
- Get away from the attacker to a safe place as fast as you can. Then call 911.
- If you are unsure of what to do call our 24-hour Bilingual Hotline at 1-800-300-2181 and they will put you in touch with a Sexual Assault Crisis Counselor.
- Do not wash, comb, or clean any part of your body.
- Do not change clothes if possible.
- Do not touch or change anything at the scene of the assault.
Where else can I go for help?
If you are sexually assaulted, it is not your fault. Don’t be afraid to ask for help or support. Help is available. You can call these organizations:
Coalition for Family Harmony 1-800-300-2181
National Sexual Assault Hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)